Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Fighting Nature 

It's been a few days since my last entry. Five straight days of 12-hour workdays will do that to you. Add the fact that those work hours go from 7:00pm to 7:00am, and you can see how I can be a little slow in catching up with non-work business. One of my co-workers put it best in regards to working the grave shift: "We are fighting nature," trying to sleep during the hours the rest of the world goes about its business. So, this evening is the first of three days off, and I get to sort through five days of backlogged mail. I got my weekly US News & World Report, which included an article about the necessity of getting enough sleep:

What's still wanting, however, is a public-health rally like the ones that brought attention to the ravages of tobacco, the dangers of obesity, and the need for daily exercise. Let's face it: We arise every morning and do our jobs, but for want of sleep, not always as healthily or as safely as we could. It's time for a wake-up call to nudge our sleepy nation.


I volunteer to lead a Million Sleepyheads March on Wasahington. Just make sure the rally starts no earlier than 10:00am, ok?

Comments: Post a Comment