Thursday, May 13, 2004

Happiness Is a Good Playoff Series 

Ahh, I love this time of year. The weather is warming up, summer is on its way, and the sports scene is about as good as it gets. Both the NHL and NBA are in the heat of the playoffs. Right now I'm watching my overacheving San Jose Sharks trying to get a game back versus the Calgary Flames. Earlier, the LA Lakers won one of the most exciting games of the year to take a 3-2 lead over the San Antonio Spurs. I find I'm one of the few people on earth who closely follow both hockey and basketball: most are Basketball People or Hockey People. During the six months I lived in the UCSB dorms, I got to experience this firsthand. My residence hall had one TV room, and the battles over programming were epic. The Basketball People had strength in numbers, but the Hockey People had tenacity on their side, and more often than not won the fights. Of course, all the Sports People would form a temporary alliance to defeat the Friends People, heh heh. That does remind me, I missed the Frasier finale, oh well. I'll probably catch it on DVD someday. Too much good TV in May. Being the TV slave that I am, I met most of my college friends through that TV room: you all know who you are. Go Sharks! Go Lakers!


UPDATE: Sharks win Game 3, 3-0! Wo-hoo, at least they won't go down without a fight!



Comments: Post a Comment