Friday, June 04, 2004

Catsup, Ketchup,.....no Catch Up 

No, this isn't a John Kerry post. I have so much to catch up on. I know I said that since I started an 8 to 5 job that I would have more time to post, for at least for this week it hasn't been that way. Still exhaust from learning the new position, and getting used to a daytime schedule again. A lot has happened since I've been silent, so here's what's been up:

1.) The car: A couple of days ago I received word that my trusty Saturn had tried of exploring and decided to stop a few miles away from my apartment. I guess those who decided to take my car on its joyride didn't like the fact the oil was low. Heehee! I guess there is an advantage to not taking as good of care of the car as I could. I do intend to get the car a good service though. Kind of a welcome back present.

2.) Hockey: I'm missed some of the Stanley Cup Finals games, but I was able to catch Calgary's most recent win over Tampa Bay. As for my Sharks, I'm disappointed that they didn't make the Finals, but I have a sense along the lines of "They had a great season, and they did well in the playoffs." Any sports fan knows what that really means is "They overacheved, and weren't quite ready for the Finals yet." However I know that Ron Wilson will have his team hungry and ready for next year, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them skate the Cup next year. In the meantime, Go Flames! It would be neat to see a team from the Great White North take the Stanley Cup home.

3.) Hoops: Wow, the upcoming NBA Finals series looks to be a great series. The New Showtime Lakers featuring four Hall of Fame players and a Hall of Fame coach versus the New Bad Boys AKA the Detroit Pistons. It looks to be an all-out war, but my opinion is the Lakers will win in six games. However it turns out, Laker fans should enjoy this series. It seems highly unlikely we will see all the major pieces of this Laker team back next year.

4.) The Blog: Yes, I have changed the look of the blog from the original template. I couldn't stand the font on the original look, and I wanted to try out my limited HTML knowledge. But beware, a little HTML knowhow is a dangerous thing, and I will likely tweak the site in the future. Also, I plan on expanding the list of links on the right side of the page. I'll add to the categories, and I plan on adding new categories as well.


5.) Work: The new 8 to 5 job went well the first week. The company is Anosys, and they're basically attempting to make a cancer vaccine. I would go into greater detail, but my lack of knowledge and any proprietary issues get in the way. There are less than 50 people in the entire company, and about a dozen of them are in France, merci. While the work hours make it tough to do other interests, I still prefer this over my former grave schedule.


There are many more things to comment on, but I have a whole list of things to read and catch up on. Much more soon, as I get used to the new schedule.

Comments: Post a Comment