Saturday, June 05, 2004

Rest in Peace, Gipper 

While I lean Democrat, and wasn't his biggest fan, today is the day where everyone should pay respect to Ronald Reagan, who passed away today. My favorite Reagan moment involved a microphone left on when it shouldn't have. The President was testing out the mike before a weekly radio address and jokingly said the following:

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes.

Priceless! Too bad some buffoon left the mike on and he got in trouble for it. Political differences aside, I think we all can agree that he was a great communicator. May God bless his family during this time.


UPDATE: I'm in Fresno, visiting my mom. I'm on the computer while she has all the Reagan coverage on. I know he's been ill for a long time, but I still find it creepy how all the networks had their Reagan memorials already done.

Comments: Post a Comment