Saturday, June 26, 2004

Vice-Presidential Robot 

Weekends are a time to run errands and take care of mundane business. Certainly high among these necessary tasks is grocery shopping. Perhaps one of the more difficult parts of the grocery shopping experience is waiting in the check-out line. Because of this, all of us should be thankful that supermarket tabloids are there for use to scan while we wait for the man ahead of us to pay for his asparagus.

Indeed, I was reminded of this today as I waited in line to pay for my purchases. I was lucky enough to have a copy of the Weekly World News within eyesight, and the headline alone made my time waiting in line time well spent:

Dick Cheney is A Robot!

This could explain his cursing at a Senate Democrat earlier this week. It was just a programming glitch.

One more thing: Friends don't let friends buy tabloids.

Comments: Post a Comment