Monday, September 06, 2004

Hate Mail from Djibouti 

I'm usually not the subversive type, but this time I had to mess with the people who came up with a link I found on a polling site: US-Election.com. The site lets anyone in the world vote in a mock US election.

First off, I think of two words when I hear people outside the USA want to vote in the November election: butt out. If you want to vote in our elections, let us annex you. Oh that's right, that's what you're protesting against, isn't it. Can't have it both ways.

If they guys setting this up were serious, their fatal flaw is letting me choose what country I'm from. According to the data I entered on the site, I am a 55 year old male from Djibouti (no offense, I just always liked the name) who practices Shintoism, lives in a household of 31, and supports the Workers World Party.

If you have time to kill, go to the site and vote. Be a North Korean supporter of the Libertarians, or get your friends choose France and vote Republican.

The concept of the whole world getting a vote in the Presidential Elections is just silly. Only a dozen or so states in the US will end up deciding the whole thing. Living in a strongly "blue" state at least means I don't get a Bush or Kerry ad every two minutes.

Comments: Post a Comment