Monday, October 25, 2004

Living In A Ditch 

For the fourth time in less than a year, I am leaving my job. Unlike the previous job, this one is leaving me, officially on Friday. At least other jobs are also leaving a lot of other people there, misery (downsizing) loves company.

I was asking for it, big time. After enduring the havoc the last job wrecked on my life, I had recently got caught up on my affairs, and I was comfortable in this job. How ironic is it that I'm back where I was in February? Not very, considering the twists and turns that make up my life.

It's too early for me to have a plan. I think I will turn in my updated resume to my job recruiter, but I won't actively look to work for awhile.


Vacation? Maybe. Opportunity to plan for the future? Definitely.

One thing I am certain of: I'm less stressed than the first time I cleaned out my workspace. The first time I was laid off, I feared I would end up living in a ditch. Now I feel more confident about my job prospects, and I can enjoy the free time and chance to re-evaluate what I want to do with my life.

Another thing I'm certain of: I will blog better and more frequently! OK, maybe not better. And any of you out there are welcome to visit me in my new ditch.


Comments:
You're never gonna believe this! Perfect timing! I am calling you tomorrow night :)

-Helen-
 
Perfect timing? beats me what that could be, but I know what the ironic thing would be: someone else just got employed.

Just remember the point of life: keeping you on your toes.

But if you're down in the LA area on your vacation, drop me a line. I'm doing a Bon Fire down at Bolsa Chica on Saturday, if you're game for that and in the area. It comes down to a simple fact of life: "Fire good. Bigger fire better"
 
Bill is an irony psychic.

-Helen-
 
It's not hard to know, when people aren't subtle.

Also, it follows with another rule of the universe: When you're down on your luck, the universe will try to kick you in the nuts.
 
You didn't call and tell me this why?

Caltechgirl
 
Also, I'm hoping that vacation you mentioned includes some time in friendly NC (SW is less than $99 each way)
 
Post a Comment