Monday, October 11, 2004

Reunion Blogging 


Next Week I'm Expecting A Rocking ChairPosted by Hello

Ha! Some kind of cosmic joke, or an overly aggressive AARP recruitment drive? This was the one piece of junk mail that was waiting for me on my return trip to Fresno. OK, so I'm getting older, I admit it. After all, this past weekend was my ten year high school reunion.

OK, I figured I was ready. I've seen Romy & Michelle's High School Reunion. Still, it's a shock to see people who in your mind are frozen at age 18, now suddenly ten years older. Naturally, everyone being dressed in formalware didn't help. Way Surreal. Those who are younger than me and planning on going to your reunion, consider yourselves warned.

Fortunately, after a few hours, more than a few drinks, and a few people changing into causal clothes, familiarity began to return. I figure it would be nice to hear occasionally from a few of them, but I suppose the past is the past. There were the success stories, including one CEO of a anti-piracy group (heh heh, he hasn't seen my downloaded music collection), but it seemed that many people are just getting by.

It kind of makes me appreciate all I accomplished, and all without having to invent Post-Its.

Comments:
I came here through a link on my blog. What a great place you have here. I have never been to a school reunion but I am sure it would be a hoot.
I am not sure Romy and Michelle would help much but good to see some humour.
Have fun and wish you luck.
Ps I hope you dont mind if I add you to my list of blogs. I would like to come back and read some more.
Take care
 
If I go to my 10 year high school reunion, I'm going Grosse Pointe Blank style.

But I'll remember to bring my gun, else how could it be fun?
 
If you're old what does that make me?? Oh wait, I'm the cripple....

:)
 
Thanks Ruby! And thanks for the link on your blog.
 
Post a Comment