Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Diet News 

I always enjoy reading stories like this: Proof of diet claims slim, review finds.

I've been lucky to be thin during my life, but growing older means that ol' metabolism will slow down. Plus I inherited enough bad heart genes to fill a cardiac ward. I need to start living heathy before I start gaining pounds.

Everyone knows that the only proven way to slim down is eat fewer calories and exercise more calories away. Eating only grapefruit or bacon or taking some pill won't do it, but every year there's some stupid new fad diet to distract people from the hard work of healthy living. It would be nice if there actually was a shortcut to health, but it ain't happenin'. It seems like all of us (me, too) need to be occasionally reminded of this fact.

Comments: Post a Comment