Saturday, February 12, 2005

Red Wave vs Fight On 

The 2005 Schedules for the Fresno State football team is out. I follow the 'Dogs when I can, so this would usually only merit a quick glance. However, this year there is one date that should get the attention of even the most casual follower of Fresno State follower:

November 19: at USC

Uh huh, you read that right. The Two-Time National Champion USC. The Heisman Trophy Quarterbacked USC. The likely Number One Ranked USC.

Oh yeah, one more thing. The school that lost to the Bulldogs in the 1992 Freedom Bowl USC. Pete Carroll was coaching the pros at the time, but I'm sure he's aware of the loss that cost Larry Smith the USC coaching job.

The Bulldogs get a smaller payout than if they had chosen another school, but you would have to have severe brain damage not to pursue a shot at the number one team in the country (with the most rabid alumni this side of the Mississippi).

Of course, if Hell freezes over and the Trojans actually lose to Fresno State, just avoid the whole San Joaquin Valley. Unless you want to hear about Fresno State for 30 hours a day, 10 days a week.

As long as the 'Dogs don't lose by 80 points, I'm OK with whatever happens.

Comments:
Ben, You know what I feel about Fresno State, and the Freedom Bowl. I, having been there, watching in disgust at the appaling state of USC Football then. I still can not forget the discustingly drunk Fresno St. fan infront of my brother, future sister-in-law, and I blabbering about how he lived in the Valley and a bunch of other sh*t. What he never knew was that I lived just a stones throw away from the place and I STILL hated it.
I hope that USC destroyes Fresno St. and may it be the greatest margin of victory ever in an NCAA event. If that happens, no matter what I will be doing, I will have one of the greatest days of my life. Until later, have a great day!
--CTG's Darling Husband
 
You are referring to the infamous "Raisin Bowl," a game that still brings up great anger in the 'SC alumni. I doubt that will happen again. Then again, Big West teams won NCAA Tourney games AND CSUF won at least 1 NIT game. Still no love for the Big West I am sure.
 
Post a Comment