Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Up Off the Canvas 

I'm a little down tonight. The Genentech interview I had mentioned previously has come and gone. The HR lady called today and said "Thanks, but no thanks," or something to that effect. It was too bad, because I was pretty impressed with the place. Yes, they are the 800-pound gorilla of biotech, but everyone there seemed friendly, and the work environment was vastly better than certain other large companies where I've worked before.

I try to stay positive, and take this attitude: There's nothing wrong with getting knocked down, but after that the courage comes in geting back up. So, all I can do right now is keep sending out those resumes, and re-evaluate my plan if I don't here back from anyone for a couple weeks.

And watch those finances. Hopefully I won't have to resort to Top Ramen like I did after a 2003 layoff.

Maybe I should just get a sign that says "Will DNA Sequence for Food."

Comments: Post a Comment