Friday, May 06, 2005

Printer, Redux 

That night of sleep after my aborted printer installation turned out to be magic. As in my printer magically decided to work. All I did was uninstall and reinstall the printer system files. Voila!

Not that I'm complaining, but why is it that electronics seem to often fix themselves for no reason? My current laptop used to freeze after coming out of Standby mode. I was putting off calling Dell Support about it; I was looking forward to making that call about as much as a cavity filling. Then, without any fix on my part, the problem went away. I reason that it's best not to ask questions; the thing fixed itself, so be it. I also had a television with occasional volume problems that were best treated with a swift slap to the side of the unit.

These are really the things that should be in the troubleshooting section of instruction manuals, not "Make sure the unit is plugged in".

Comments: Post a Comment