Sunday, June 19, 2005

The End of A Headache? 

Good news at last: For the first time since being laid off last Halloween, it looks like I'll finally have steady work. In what has to be a new world record, I went from receiving an email, to a phone conversation, then an interview, and finally an offer, all in less than 48 hours. All I have left to take care of are the references, physical checkup, and standard drug testing all us biotech manufacturing types do.

I couldn't have planned things any better. It's with Bayer, it's not through a temp company, benefits start the first day, plus it's a raise in pay over what I was doing before. Yay! After years of having to learn to live on little-to-no money, it will be nice to have to learn how to properly manage a surplus of funds. The job has varying shifts, so I may spend one week on AM shift, the next on evening shift, and the following on overnight. Believe it or not, I still like this much better than 8 to 5, where I would lose at least two hours per day stuck in traffic.

All in all, I have to say that I would bleed for this job. After almost three years oscillating between unemployment and positions that didn't work out, I need a workplace that I know I'll be at one year from now. Of course, if things fall through, you'll probably see me using many colorful metaphors to describe events.

Could anyone use some discounted aspirin?

Comments:
Congrats on the job. Can't say that I use aspirin though.

My problem is I can't swallow pills. I have to chew them (yes, even the swallowable capsules), so I usually stick with children's grape Tylenol.

Fortunately, I rarely take those either (going on about 18 months since my last pain medication of any kind)
 
Those liquid grape kids' medicines have crack or something in them, I swear.

Actually, I think Dimetapp is 50% sugar. It actually crystalizes if left out to dry.
 
Congrats!
 
Post a Comment