Sunday, July 31, 2005

Meat, Fire, Garlic, Good! 

I took a couple of hours to head down to Stinktown, USA, better known as Gilroy. This weekend they had their famous Garlic Festival. I've gone in past years, so I wasn't planning on going. However, a couple of friends had never gone, and I didn't have to drive.

The last one was most important. I didn't feel like sitting in the five-mile backup the festival produces.

It was a better time than I thought it would be. But then again, I can usually be convinced to go somewhere that features good food.


Meat! Posted by Picasa

Not the vegetarian section.


Fire! Posted by Picasa

This is how you cook garlic shrimp for tens of thousands of people; with flames that shoot eight feet in the air.


Ice Cream Posted by Picasa

A friend purchased pistachio-garlic ice cream. Everyone else liked it, but I feel that garlic and dessert need to kept as far apart as possibly. I won't be asking Ben & Jerry's to make a garlic flavor anytime soon.


Crowds Posted by Picasa

Since we got there in the morning, the crowds weren't too bad. It was still pretty packed. Plus admission was twelve bucks, a little too pricey for my liking. All in all, I had a good time but I don't think I'll go next year.

Comments:
Garlic... yummy yummy. I have sweat the smell of garlic before from eating so much of it. Sounds like a place I would enjoy.
 
I can't believe I still haven't been to the Garlic Festival. We've driven through Gilroy, and always wanted to go, but never had the chance. Sounds like it's becoming more city-fied, though. Kind of like what happened to the Strawberry Festival in Oxnard, or the Blackberry Festival up in Cave Junction, Oregon. When good festivals go bad...sigh.

Still, I'd like to try that garlic ice cream.
 
I've got a place just like that vw body kit
 
Post a Comment