Monday, August 22, 2005

Vent of the Day 

OK, I know it's not much, but I've had it with trying to get %@#%#ing work shoes!

Since the job requires moving big, heavy stuff, the company chips in for a pair of work-quality shoes. There are a couple of companies that send shoemobiles around once a month. I missed the first couple, waited once because everyone said one brand was better than the other, and then when I finally went to get my shoes, I couldn't find the damn mobile because of construction on campus.

GRRRR!

I decided to bite the bullet, and drive up to the company's store. I figured they would be open on Saturdays. Fortunately, I called in first. No weekends, drat.

Oh well, they stay open till 5:30 on weekdays. Plenty of time to get out of work and head over. I can take a half-hour lunch, leave at 3:30 and easily make it.

Wrong.

I lost nearly an hour and a half because the buffer we were preparing wasn't ready, and it was made in the wrong tank! D'oh! That meant I had to hook a line between the two tanks, pressurize the first one to push the liquid along, then wait. Bleegh!

Fortunately, I was able to hand off the last of the work, but by then it was 5pm. No way was I going to make it in the peak of rush hour traffic.

Hopefully, I can get the shoes tomorrow. Unless the lab is burning down, I'm getting out on time. By the way, I love that this is one of my top annoyances, as opposed to "Hmmm, how many more months can I survive unemployed before I run out of rent money?"

Ahh, perspective.

Comments:
Fuck you. ;)
 
What brand are they recomending to you? My problem is, I always wear out the soles of my shoes way to fast, within 6 to 8 months. That's a not long time if I'm plopping down 100 bucks on steel toes. I can get them resoled, but it's not the same.

I've been recommended Clarks, but I haven't tried them yet.
 
I am looking everywhere for lady shoes for man and lady shoes for man, while doing so I somehow stumbled onto your lady shoes for man blog. I am happy to say I learned something and will look into this further...

Thanks for the great posts...

jon
 
Post a Comment