Monday, September 05, 2005

I'm Going to Throw Up Now 

Stories like this is why so many people hate President Bush so much. I usually keep a more level head: The President isn't an evil man, he does care about black people, despite what Kanye West believes. Even if Iraq was bungled, the initial concepts behind it were correct. I like his choice for the Supreme Court, even if he falls to the right of my views. Just because I often strongly disagree with the President, that doesn't mean I think he's a moron or a Nazi. I always try to give him credit when credit is due, and I'm not deluded, like many, into thinking that anti-Bush must always be a good thing

But....

For his people to turn the Katrina recovery efforts into yet another polarizing campaign is repugnant.

One Republican with knowledge of the effort said that Mr. Rove had told administration officials not to respond to Democratic attacks on Mr. Bush's handling of the hurricane in the belief that the president was in a weak moment and that the administration should not appear to be seen now as being blatantly political. As with others in the party, this Republican would discuss the deliberations only on condition of anonymity because of keen White House sensitivity about how the administration and its strategy would be perceived.

In a reflection of what has long been a hallmark of Mr. Rove's tough political style, the administration is also working to shift the blame away from the White House and toward officials of New Orleans and Louisiana who, as it happens, are Democrats.

"The way that emergency operations act under the law is the responsibility and the power, the authority, to order an evacuation rests with state and local officials," Mr. Chertoff said in his television interview. "The federal government comes in and supports those officials."

That line of argument was echoed throughout the day, in harsher language, by Republicans reflecting the White House line.


Oh great, perhaps as many as tens of thousands are dead, but politics as usual goes on. I'm not excusing Democrats either, but one of the reasons we have a President is to foster national unity during national crises. He's supposed to lead by example and ignore idiots like Kayne West and the MoveOn crowd. The President should stick to the relief efforts and hold off on the blame game.

Other than venting right now, I'll ignore the slime emanating from Mister Rove. I'll just wait until 2008, and hope for a Rudy vs. Hilary contest. Go Rudy!

And Karl Rove can then go slither back to rejoin the pond scum that apparently created him. Yes, I'm blogging pissed when I probably should wait to write; deal with it.

Oh, and if this somehow costs lives in the recovery efforts by diverting valuable resources, he should be arrested.

UPDATE: Pshew! I feel much calmer now. Yes, I understand all events become political, and that Democrats too have said and done many unacceptable things during all this. Saying the relief effort could have been done better is legitamate, saying it's all Bush's fault is as repugnant as anything Rove comes up with. Let's play our little political games somewhere else for now.

Leave to George Bush Senior (41) to respond perfectly to his son's critics. The local NBC station just showed a clip where he said that he didn't want to get too personal, but if anyone wanted to criticise his son's performance on this matter, they better have their flack-jacket on. That made me smile.

Comments:
I like that response as well from Bush Sr.
 
I would also check out jetta wagon
 
I was surfing around and found another bush en george language w site.bush en george language w This place has a ton of funny videos and mp3s.
 
I enjoyed your president bush poll blog. You might enjoy this news discussion forum also. **News Discussion Forum**
 
Post a Comment