Sunday, January 08, 2006

Hooray, Recovery! 

I've spent Sunday afternoon with my attention split between three activities: football, friends/family, and finishing the housecleaning.

I ended up splitting the NFL Wild Card games this weekend: two wins, two losses. I was pulling for Carolina and New England, both winners. Sadly, Tampa Bay and Cincinnati are history. A tough weekend for Florida football with the loss of Jacksonville as well.

Also history are the nasty power cord tangles behind my furniture. Cable ties are the best; thanks top them I no longer live in a tripping hazard. Any industrious person with cable ties, duct tape and WD-40 can fix anything on Earth. Duct tape to hold things together when the come apart. WD-40 to get things apart that are stuck together. Cable ties to keep it all tied down.

In the past, when I was a kid, if I was blue the first thing I did was clean. It gave me some sense of control of things immediately around me, and I didn't have to think too hard to do it. Once my room was clean, I could then tackle other issues like studying, ect. The trouble is when you're a grownup, there's much more to clean. An apartment can sure hold a lot of junk. It is taking longer to clean than when I was a kid and it was just my room. But I still have that same feeling of accomplishment, and that solving the more complex problems is within my grasp.

Returning to school, advancing my career, seeking a new love, rediscovering my faith, all seem attainable. I'm much happier, more content than even a few days ago, let alone a few weeks back.

Also, I spend good time talking to friends and family. Sadly, my mom got a bladder infection as a result of recovery from her November surgery. Caltechgirl and GMT have a bad case of the sniffles; best wishes for recovery. Also hello to Helen, I hope you are able to get sympathy you need from those close to you.

Like a character in Monty Python's Holy Grail, I'm feeling better. Hooray, Recovery

Comments:
Please come clean my house as well. Then we'll both feel better. ;-)
 
Excuse me while I pick myself off the floor from laughing so hard. I believe everyone should experience their own happiness. Clean your own darn house :P
 
you can clean mine too. At least it doesn't involve a trip to FL and you know where most of my things go.

Sniffles much better, thanks :)
 
Well, I'm no sympathy troll :P , but thanks for the shout-out.

Things are going much better today, and like you, I am feeling pretty good :)

I finally finished cleaning, too. It is definitely cathardic.
 
Post a Comment