Sunday, February 05, 2006

Sunday Update 

I was hoping to be a little more verbose the past few days, but it turned out the past week was a doozy. Work was super-intense, at least in terms of deadlines and meetings and such. Lots of late nights and little time for reflection on the meaning of life. Throw in a few misunderstandings between people (which I choose not to get into here), and it made for a week where I was just trying to get through one day, even one hour, at a time.

Likely famous last words: but next week should be better.

As I promised, I come to you with the Guppy Update. Bill's suggestions turned out to be pretty useful, as a couple of the originals ended up with the name "Waiting to Be Flushed." Sigh.

Undeterred, I went back to the pet store and got some more companions. So now I have two males and two females (males being the more colorful ones).


morefish Posted by Picasa

Wanda is a good name, so that can be the name of the lighter female on the right. Nemo is a good name for a boy guppy, so that one will be the darker of the males, in the center of this photo. I actually like the name Bait, but I'll change it up a bit and call the other male Gorton, as in Gorton's fisherman. I'll call the last female Frisky, since I had goldfish with that name as a kid.

Hopefully, I won't have to put out a request for more names anytime soon.

Comments:
"Frisky", isnt that also a catfood name? I am glad that you are doing well. I hope that the fishies live well into old age....
 
Post a Comment