Monday, March 13, 2006

Habit Forming 

Please allow me to get a little introspective for a minute...

I've never been good with the day to day stuff. If there's some sort of emergency, I seem to do a pretty good job of rising to the occasion. I've dealt with car problems, theft, job losses, and friendship meltdowns pretty well over the years.

As for things like flossing everyday, well...

Last Tuesday, I went to the dentist. I hadn't been in a couple of years, and I was a bit worried on what the dental verdict would be. It was actually about what I expected, my teeth were fine, but the gums could be in better shape.

For me, it's harder to do the daily mundane acts than it is to face down a major crisis. I guess I'm not alone, that's why so many diets don't work out. It took me this long to learn that doing the little things well everyday can sometime take more courage and energy than handling life's major crises. At least for me, anyway.

Here's to daily exercise, eating your vegetables, and lots of flossing.

Comments: Post a Comment