Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Party Pooper 

OK, so tonight was a lovely Appreciation Dinner put on by work for all umpteen-hundred people at a nice restaurant.

Just one problem, I didn't go...

It was my choice, mostly. I wasn't really looking forward to going, having to joust with large masses of people to get food. Plus it's Wednesday. ^$$^@!@!ing Wednesday! Not to be a grump, but I have better things to do the hang out with a couple hundred strangers on a work night.

It's not that I don't like hanging out with friends and co-workers. I would love to have a Movie Night or something with the handful of people I work with. It's just that I'm not always the most bouncy person on the planet. I have to regulate what I spend my energy on, and I don't get everything done that I want to do as it is (how long since I last blogged?).

This low-watt battery needs recharging. I am off...

Comments:
I completely understand. Our Xmas luncheon for work was something we had to pay for, and they didn't even do a nice dinner somewhere...it was at the office in the middle of the week. Meanwhile, Katie's office put on a fully-paid dinner (with an open bar) on a Saturday night at a really fancy restaurant.

Sometimes, the way employers can be stingy makes you want to say...screw this, I could be home relaxing.

Since there were tons of people there, I doubt anyone will get on you for taking a pass.
 
Post a Comment