Friday, April 14, 2006
OK, no R-Rated exposure or flashing with trench coats. Got this quiz from Helen’s blog:
Do you have:
(1) your own cell phone....Yup, but I often have it off/not with me.
( ) a television in your bedroom....No, but I can watch the living room TV from my bed.
(2) an MP3 player...I luv my iRiver.
( ) a photo printer...Nope
(3) your own phone line...Heck, yes.
( ) TiVo or a generic digital video recorder...Not yet
(4) high-speed internet access...It's an essential utility in my life.
( ) a surround sound system in bedroom...No, wouldn't fit.
( ) DVD player in bedroom...no TV, no DVD
( ) at least a hundred DVDs...more like a couple dozen.
(5) a childfree bathroom...I have a child-free life.
( ) your own in-house office...yeah right. As if I could fit my work machinery in here...
(6) a pool...the apartment complex has one.
( ) a guest house...no
( ) a game room...LOL
( ) a queen-size bed or larger...no, but the twin bed is a nice size for one.
( ) a stocked bar...I have beer in the fridge, does that count?
(7) a working dishwasher...Oh, Hell yes.
( ) an icemaker...uh uh.
( ) a working washer and dryer...I guess the apt laundry room doesn't count
( ) more than 20 pairs of shoes...ummm, I'm a guy.
( ) at least ten things from a designer store...see above response.
( ) expensive sunglasses...no, 2 uber-cheap pairs (I lose/break sunglasses anyway).
(8) framed original art (not lithographs or prints)...yes, my dad's paint-by-numbers count, dammit!
( ) Egyptian cotton sheets or towels...No (I guess I'm just not much of a playa).
(9) a multi-speed bike...Yes, my cheapo $99 college bike is rusting on the balcony.
( ) a gym membership...Don't need to, my apt has a kickass Gym room.
( ) large exercise equipment at home...a few barbells don't count.
( ) your own set of golf clubs...no.
( ) a pool table...nope.
( ) a tennis court...surely, you jest.
( ) local access to a lake, large pond, or the sea...Yes!! The beach (such that it is) is about 200 yards from my apartment.
( ) your own pair of skis...no, I don't go often enough.
(10) enough camping gear for a weekend trip in an isolated area...Yes. I have a tent, sleeping bag, and a bunch of camp gear. Would need to swing by REI for food, ect though.
( ) a boat....maybe someday, but today is not that day.
( ) a jet ski...no
( ) a neighborhood committee membership...as in like the Homeowners Association? Those control freaks scare me.
( ) a beach house or a vacation house/cabin...Only in my dreams.
(11) wealthy family members...Yes, at least one millionaire on my Dad's side (A million bucks still goes a long way in Fresno, plus others that live in Marin (by default, they're rich). Don't talk to them much, though.
( ) two or more family cars...No, unless you add in my Mom's car in Fresno.
(11) a walk-in closet or pantry...Yes to the first, no to the second.
( ) a yard...Not as a renter.
( ) a hammock...No, but I'm working on getting GMP hammocks for the lab ala Homer Simpson and Hank Scorpio.
( ) a personal trainer...Knowing one doesn't count.
( ) good credit...I have average credit.
( ) expensive jewelry...I have a nice crucifix, but nothing else.
( ) a designer bag that required being on a waiting list to get...Do I need to dignify this one?
( ) at least $100 cash in your possession right now...No
(12) more than two credit cards bearing your name (not counting gas cards or debit cards)...I have five.
(13) a stock portfolio...Yes, a 401 (k) plan from five jobs ago that I need to rollover.
(14) a passport...Yes!! Just got it a few weeks ago. Now I need to start filling it up.
( ) a horse...No, but my uncle used to have one.
( ) a trust fund (either for you or created by you)...No
(15) private medical insurance...It's good to have a stable job.
(16) a college degree, and no outstanding student loans ...Thanks, mom!!!!!
( ) shop for non-needed items for yourself (like clothes, jewelry, electronics) at least once a week...I'd say no, more like once every 2/3 weeks.
(17) do your regular grocery shopping at high-end or specialty stores...Yes, although IMHO Trader Joe's is gaining wider acceptance> I plan on shopping for some items at Berkeley Bowl, however, which is more specialized.
( ) pay someone else to clean your house, do dishes, or launder your clothes (not counting dry-cleaning)...not so lucky.
(18) go on weekend mini-vacations...Doesn't everyone?
( ) send dinners back with every flaw...Not my temperment to do stuff like that...
( ) wear perfume or cologne (not body spray)...No, but I'll use the nice after-shave.
( ) regularly get your hair styled or nails done in a salon...Not a metrosexual.
( ) have a job but don't need the money OR
( ) stay at home with little financial sacrifice...a big NO to both.
( ) pay someone else to cook your meals...No
( ) pay someone else to watch your children or walk your dogs...N/A
( ) regularly pay someone else to drive you taxis...I presume this means "to drive you around." No.
( ) expect a gift after you fight with your partner...Not necessarily, but a hug or some other gesture would be nice...
(19) an only child...Ding! Ding! Ding!
( ) married/partnered to a wealthy person...No
( ) baffled/surprised when you don't get your way...I'm baffled/suprised when I DO get my way.
( ) been on a cruise...No
(20) traveled out of the country...Yes, even Baja CA counts.
(21) met a celebrity...yes, I saw Urkel once at Magic Mountain (No, I'm not joking).
( ) been to the Caribbean...No, mon
( ) been to Europe...No, plan to go soon.
( ) been to Hawaii...Ditto
( ) been to New York...Ditto squared.
( ) eaten at the space needle in Seattle...No, Seattle would be fun. I wanna catch fish.
( ) been to the Mall of America...No
( ) been on the Eiffel tower in Paris...Non
( ) been on the Statue of Liberty in New York...No, and I badly want to. I hope they reopen the stairs to the top someday.
( 22) moved more than three times because you wanted to...Yes, I moved from Fresno to Santa Barbara for college, From Fresno to Fremont to start work, then from Fremont to Alameda to move coser to work (it was my choice, the place being turned into condos only sped up the process).
(23) dined with local political figures. Yes!!! In high school I was on the Academic Decathlon team. There was a congratulatory ceremony from the mayor at Fresno City Hall and cookies were served. Yeah, yeah, I know, but I'm counting it anyway. Sue me.
(24) been to both the Atlantic coast and the Pacific coast...Yes, I ever so briefly glimpsed the Atlantic from a southbound Amtrak train at the Virginia coast. The Pacific goes without saying.
( ) go to another country for your honeymoon...Maybe I will someday.
( ) hire a professional photographer for your wedding or party ...I presume this will happen.
(25) take riding or swimming lessons as a child...Yeah, swimming lessons. They turned out less than well. That's a story for another time.
( ) attend private school...I was edjumicated by the Fresno Unified School District.
( ) have a Sweet 16 birthday party thrown for you....No. Helen got 30, I got
29 25 (can't count today). I guess we both have more living to do…
I guess it can be both. We definitely do have more living to do, though. Always.